Registration and Team Selection Policy
- Player registration begins at the Annual General Meeting (AGM). The club will announce the teams planned at the AGM.
- Player registrations are received by the club registrars (mens' and womens'). They document the registrations received and make the information available to the team coaches.
- When a player submits their registration, they indicate to which team(s) they want to play with. They should also indicate what nights they can and/or cannot play.
- Groups of players that want to play together will be considered but cannot be guaranteed.
- A registration will only be considered complete when all registration requirements have been submitted, and, there are no outstanding fees or club equipment due from previous seasons.
- The team coach/manager will select the full and part time members of the team (consistent with applicable team selection policies) and communicate that information to the club registrar at least 10 days before their first scheduled league game.
- Players that wish to register with a team after the season has started may be asked by the team coach to complete a trial arrangement before accepting the player to register full time.
- The appointed team coach (or coaches) makes player selection decisions for their team. The coach will decide the required skill and fitness level for that team.
- Only completed registrations will be considered for full or part time positions on a team.
- All teams will register at least 17 full time players. Additional full or part time players after this point is up to the discretion of the team coach/manager(s).
- Returning players that are (i) reliable (ie. consistent and reasonable notification of any absences) and (ii) in good disciplinary standing with the club and (iii) meet the minimum skill level for the team, can reserve their spot with a complete registration submission by April 30. Team coaches are responsible for communicating to any players by April 30 if they do not meet these criteria. Returning players that register after April 30 may be accepted if any full or part time spots are available.
- Returning players that do not satisfy the requirements in (4) for their desired team may ask to be considered on other eligible teams. It is expected that other team coaches give the player proper consideration and opportunity.
- Where no off-season evaluation of skill is available, new players are given at least one preseason practice/scrimmage to tryout for a team. It is expected that the team coach renders a decision of an offer to a player within 2 days of the practice/scrimmage. If the team coach does not want to sign the player, the player can ask to join another eligible team. Other team coaches are expected to give the player proper consideration and opportunity.
- As per club Rules and Regulations, any disputes that a player has with the team selection process can be appealed to the club Board. The Board will review and render a final decision.
Comments about this Website?
Interested in Coaching?